Sunday, October 4, 2009

PLAYS TO GO SEE

I found some plays around L.A. that sound good!  Hope you find one you like!

Lie of the Mind by Sam Shepherd
Studio/Stage
520 N. Western Ave.
L.A. 90004
RUNS 11/13-12/20  $20
#888-534-6001
www.studiofiveproductions.org/


I have a special place in my heart for this play.  This was my grad play with one of the most amazing cast of people I have ever had the pleasure to work with.  I plan on seeing this production, and I may be a bit critical.  Shepherd shows us his humor through pain with the suprises played out between two families linked together by marriage, but set apart by lies.  Shepherd probes into the human heart and the destruction it can cause.  I can't wait!


Shining City by Conor McPherson
Fountain Theater
5060 Fountain Ave
Hollywood 90029
RUN now thru 12/30 $15-$30
#323-663-1525
www.fountiantheatre.com


I have not seen or read this play, but plan on doing both.  The synopsis reads, a middle aged man living in Dublin has seen the ghost of his recently deceased wife.  He reaches out to a former preist turned therapist who is fighting his own demons.  A huanting story of faith, love and loss.  oohhhh, good stuff.





Tracers by John DiFusco
Elephant Theatre

6322 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
RUN 10/21-11/21 $20
#323-960-4410

I have seen this play and it is so powerful.  This play tracks the lives of six enlisted men through the Vietnam experience and it's after effects.  Interestingly, DiFusco created this play through workshops with a group of VietnamVet/actors.  Gary Senise directed this Steppenwolf production in 82'.

No comments:

Post a Comment